Corian is a stunning worktop material. Choosing Corian surfaces is a great decision, but how do you keep this material looking its best? Don’t worry, here at NJ Design, we are Corian experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to help you care for Corian worktops.
Looking after your Corian surfaces is essential. A well maintained Corian surface will last longer, and look better for longer. Getting your money’s worth from such a stunning worktop does require some maintenance. This includes Corian worktops and Corian sinks.
- Spills-Although Corian is resistant to most liquids, spills should still be wiped up immediately. Th best way to do this is to use a damp microfiber cloth, cleaning in a circular motion. In addition, you can use any household kitchen spray.
- Stains- Sometimes a tough stain may occur. Coffee, condiments, dyes, or tea can leave a resistant stain that is difficult to remove. If this occurs, you should refer directly back to your guidelines. It is likely that normal household sprays wont work, so you may need something tougher.
- Heat-placing a hot pan directly onto the Corian surface can cause scorch marks or damage your surface. Avoid this outcome by making full use of a heatproof mat. Boiling water can also cause this issue, so please take care.
Sinks are known to harbor bacteria. Make sure that you not only clean the sink daily, but that you also follow a weekly sink routine. We would advise:
- a 3/4 bleach to 1/4 water mix, sprayed directly into the sink
- leave this mixture for a few hours to kill off any bacteria
- rinse and wipe the residue away
Corian worktops are stunning, versatile, and hard-wearing. To keep them looking great, you should practice regular maintenance. For any tips or advice, contact us at NJ Design.